- What is your full name? Josepha Melanie last name should probably not feature here for privacy reasons, with nicknames such as Dino, Jojo, Jayjay, Joo, Mela, etc.
- Are you named after anyone? Yes, my grandfather- Joseph- he died a week before I was born, my last name is also connected to him…long story for another day.
- When is your birthday? August 6 , August born kids rule!!
- Do you have any siblings? Yes, 2 brothers and one big sister. I’m the third born
- Why is your blog named so? Honestly, I couldn’t think of a name for it, so what best thing to do than take your room number, 209. As for Orange flowers, there is this very beautiful tree at home that has orange coloured flowers.
- When was the last time you cried? Here’s the thing: I cry a lot. It’s always behind closed doors, but it’s still a lot. I’m not a wimp or anything; quite the opposite anyone who knows me can tell you that I’m just a very sensitive person who cares a lot (maybe too much) about a lot of things, and so it causes me to get teary-eyed all the time. Anyway, with that cleared up, I think the last time I cried was this morning while listening to this song by a Rwandan gospel artist, Israel Mbonyi. Reminded me how far the Lord has brought me. Plus so many things to be thankful about.
- What’s the first thing you notice about people? Their hair, I’m obsessed with hair. Especially if it’s a girl with natural hair, then I look at their eyebrows ( when I’m bored in a public place I start looking at the different shapes of people’s eyebrows, don’t judge!)
- Computer or television? Computer! There’s no way to write with a TV.
- Where were you born? Rwanda! Yeehaw
- What are your hobbies? Writing (about anything in any medium), reading (books, magazines, newspapers, blogs, etc.), eating, hair braiding ( again my obsession with hair) YouTube videos, running ( I run three times a week) Keep it here for my keep healthy tips coming soon!
- Favorite movie? Sorry, but I absolutely cannot pick just one! Dear John( I have watched it a million times) Lion King… ( my mind goes blank will get back to you on that)
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A Change Maker 🙂
- What was(were) your favorite subject(s) at school? Philosophy, civics, Geography, History that was high school. I loathed physics. I didn’t know what was being said and still don’t know. I don’t know how I passed or did I??????????????
- What is your favorite drink? WATER. Pure water.
- What is your favorite song at the moment? Again, I can’t pick just one, so I Ndanyuzwe by Israel Mbonyi, Geronimo by Sheppard, Je lui dirai by Celine Dion, Grand Piano by Nicki Minaj ( the instruments are great) Awe by Asa. Search for them and listen. Trust me: You won’t be disappointed.
- What is your favorite food? Mashed potatoes. If chocolate is food then that’s it ( could give anything for a Toblerone right now
- Favorite book of all time? Black Boy by Richard Wright. ( read it while in primary school, then it got lost, would want to read it again) recently have loved Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie ” I had already begun to sense that my feelings varied too far from those of the people around me for me to blab about what I felt.” Richard Wright
- Favorite color? Green, since 3rd grade.
- Do you speak any other language(s)? Yes! French,Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi.
- Favorite TV show? Of all time, Friends, CSI, Cold case, being Mary Jane ( there is something about Mary Jane I admire)
- What’s your most embarrassing moment? ……Ahem…Well, let’s just say that some are best kept unwritten. (Ask privately)
“Thanks for making it this far”
22. I’m currently doing my BA in Community Development.
23 . It has been a month since I got my first piercing.
25. When I was in my teens I wrote a lot of poetry.
26. I give up really easily when things aren’t going well.
27. I am not a sheep. I have my own opinions and am quite happy to express them.
29. Sunday 25th October I ran the Nairobi Marathon, which is the Stanchart sponsored marathon which helps the Blind children. “Run for a reason”
30. I love you for taking your time to read this.